Sunday, October 20, 2013

Quietly Wait On the Lord...

Waiting on God. Quietly waiting on the Lord.
That was the theme of the women's retreat I went to. The women that went were so amazing. I didn't feel like I was being judged. If you want to be loved on, our women retreats are an awesome place for that. They love on you. No matter who you are, where you've been, etc. They'll love you for who you are. They were also so open about themselves. So trusting. It was so amazing. And such an amazing time of fellowship with my fellow sisters in Christ.
The one session that was the most touching to me was the second session. They were all good, but the second one was the most powerful. The speaker asked questions like-
What are we waiting for to meet our needs? Friends? Parents? Siblings? Etc.
What are we waiting for? Change? Someone? Circumstances? Yourself (If only I'd.... get rid of this in me, etc.)? Etc.
Where do we wait? Retreats? Somewhere? Anywhere? Etc.
How do you/we wait? On your knees? After you've given up?

Who reading this is waiting for something from the Lord?
What are you waiting for? Rest? Etc.
Do you feel like you can't do anything right?
Are you going through the motions? Is your load too heavy? Do you feel alone? Do you doubt God's existence, His reality? Do you even sometimes doubt that you are even a Christian? Do you have moments of depression? Feeling like you are a failure? Are you secretly struggling with inner battles?
Be Still. Rest. Wait. Cease the striving.
What does waiting mean? It means to rest, delay, or postpone, be still (cease striving), wait expectantly (wait to see what God is going to do).
My dear brothers and sisters in Christ, God is FAITHFUL. He is faithful to complete the work He began in you so very long ago as it says in His word. His mercy never comes to an end as it again says in His word.
Invite Christ to dine with you- our lives need to be a gift of hospitality to God. Welcome Him in. He is knocking. Turn over your thoughts, feelings, etc. to God. Welcome the Spirit of the living God in.
Let go of your desire for esteem, what others think, etc. God does not intend for us to suffer alone. So let Him bear your burden for you. Allow others to care for and support you in your time of need - Be interdependent.
The Lord is your strength and impenetrable shield. Trust and rely on Him, lean on Him confidently. Lean on Him and your heart will rejoice.
Behold, be still.

(Most of that came right off my notes from the session.) That stuff was pretty touching/etc. to me. And I hope it was encouraging/touching/helpful to you.

I realized that I was looking for someone to fill the emptiness I felt in my life. But. Friendship is not going to fill that spot. I noticed that it is a "God-shaped hole". Only God can fill it. I need to stop trying to find people to fill it and just let God be the one to fill it. After all, He's the only One who's going to fit in that hole. Right?! ;) But seriously. It's true. Isn't it? How many of you have looked to others to fill that longing you have inside of you instead of first looking to God? He's what you are longing for, isn't He? Invite Him in. Don't go looking for something to fill you when it's not going to truly fill you. You will always be longing. At least till you find out that God is who you are/were truly looking and longing for. Behold. Be still. Wait quietly on the Lord.

Now for some pictures! The retreat was so very well done! I had to take lots of pictures... so here are a few of them. :)

Breakfast! Yummm! They had fruit, yogurt, homemade granola, etc. :)

The view was amazing!

I went hiking with my sister. It was fun. :) I got to have some one on one time with her. That doesn't happen too often.
 Having fun. ;)
 Me by the cross after the hike with my sissy
 We made dolls for Operation Christmas Child (the one on the left is the first [and only] one I ever made..)
 Wild turkeys!
 The conference room. They had soooo many goodies in there!!

They even had Bible verses in the conference room (lots and lots of them) :)
 My sister doing a silly pose. ;) She's pretty awesome just by the way.
Wellllllll. I hope this post was encouraging/helpful/etc. And I hope it was worth your time reading. Especially if you made it all the way down to here.
FYI- I will be posting about Catalina soon. :)
Blessings!
-Bekah Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment