Thursday, August 14, 2014

Being Happy In Spite of the Circumstances

I recently had the opportunity to go to camp to assist the camp nurse who happened to be one of my friends' moms. There were some unforeseen conflicts that arose though causing my trip to turn out entirely different than I thought it would. I ended up leaving on Wednesday instead of staying till Saturday due to this.
Normally, this kind of situation would have left me upset and not happy without any work, but I found this struggle going on inside. Was I going to be happy in spite of it? Or was I going to let it upset me and ruin my week as I normally would let it? I will confess that I don't normally have a struggle like this one. I normally just let it ruin my week/day, but something about this time was different. I believe that it could've been a lot worse if I would have let it take me down as far as it normally would have. I am thankful that the Lord helped me have a decent week in spite of everything that happened. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment